Thursday, March 16, 2017

Person A

Hello everyone!

Asher and I went scouting for people who take Adderall, but who are not prescribed it. It was difficult because some people do not want to be questioned on the subject, and others are not very honest so it would not be an accurate representation of what we need to reproduce. We found two people who were willing to sit with Asher and I and answer any questions we had for them.

We promised our subjects that they remain anonymous, for obvious reasons, and no information about them will be disclosed.

The following interview if with our first subject: Person A.


Interview with Person A:

Question. So why do you take Adderall?

Answer: “I want to do well in school. I started my junior year, I work about 30 hours a week, and it is all just really stressful and it helps me.”


Q: Do you feel like you do better overall in life with Adderall?

A: “Yes. Definitely. I don’t need sleep so it cuts that out. I’ll maybe sleep a few hours a night, but not usually. I’d say I get four hours of sleep per week. So everytime I get tired I just take another one.”


Q: What is it like being on Adderall?

A: "I can become very stimulated. I get paranoid. My heart rate increases so much. It curbs my appetite so I don’t need to eat and take time to do that. I feel just very paranoid like everyone is watching me. I’m walking in the hallway freaking out like shaking. After two days of not sleepy fully I just break down and cry. I just take a really high dosage.”


Q: What dosage do you take?

A: “I take a 45 mg or a 55 mg depending on what I can buy or is available. I think some people take 10 mg but I need more. They are about $10 a pill. I get it from a dealer.”


Q: What’s the biggest difference on and off Adderall?

A: “I get very focus to the point where it consumes me. Like I could be on a math problem for an hour or I’m focused on a dot on my paper for like an hour. It did hurt me on a test, but Adderall usually helps me on my tests when I finish them.”


Q: Are you going to continue using it?

A: “100%.” 


Q: Do you feel like you are addicted?

A. “I don’t know... pretty borderline.”


Q. If you were to stop how would your life be affected?

A: “I don’t think it I’d be affected that much. I mean I remember things better on it but I think I’d be fine. I mean I only take it for school. 


Q. Are you worried about the potential health risks and side effects?

A. “Sometimes. Like if it curbs your appetite like that’s not healthy. Like the way it affects me is not healthy either... so... oh well.. That’s what the school system does to you.”


Q: “How did you start taking it?”

A: My friend introduced it to my my junior year and it helped me in school and I just didn’t stop.”



Stay in touch for the exclusive interview with Person B!


No comments:

Post a Comment