Saturday, March 11, 2017

Naming our "Baby Girl"

Hi everyone! 

Previous Design
First, I want to address that I did redesign my blog to match more of the overall theme I am trying to cover with my film promotional package. I think that it is important for your blog to match the style of your project, and match the style of you. As you may remember, my previous design matched my AS level project, a cooking magazine, so I used a dark wood background to capture the essence of my product. Now that I am doing a promotional package for a drama, something completely different than before, I chose a background that alter's one mood. I think the rain drops and the shades of blue are a great way to feel those intense somber and serious emotions. 

 Since we want to use the true conventions of a drama, we were going for some pretty emotional and intense ideas. As were brainstorming, we decided to do some character mapping first. We both thought this would help stir up our creative juices and help keep things flowing because we can branch out ideas based on what character we decide to create rather than starting from scratch. I did some research and this is actually how most plots are created, by making the character first. So Asher and I decided to name our future baby girl. 

We both want our main character to be female, either in her last years of high schools or first years in college, and we want her to follow the more unconventional route. I think this will help target our audience because most of late generation-Z and millennials either are still in school or just finished school. We don't want her to be a stereotypical pretty popular girl that everyone loves, but we also don't want her to be some stereotypical nerdy, loser-ish student who gets bullied and then makes her mark in some way. No none of that. Asher and I decided, it would be best to make our character a somewhat average student who is going through daily struggles and has a serious conflict. 

Asher and I were thinking of her characteristics, and before we went for her looks, we needed to choose a name. We went to a baby-name search generator and answered a bunch of questions of how we want our potential "baby" to be like. After numerous quizzes and questionnaires for our baby girl, we found some names we absolutely hated and some names we didn't agree on. That was the most important, and hardest part, because we needed to find a name for our character that we both liked so we can continue branding her and fitting her into our story. We finally chose a name for our "baby," a.k.a. the future star of the best drama of 2017, is... drumroll please... Nora Brawn! 

Nora will be put in some very difficult situations, that she may or may not overcome. Some of our ideas for our plot are as follows: 
  • Family Issues 
  • Abusive Relationships
  • Drug Problems
Those are just some of our ideas that I will explore in depth in my next post, but I'll let you in on a little secret... we didn't end up deciding on the first two.


Stay in touch because Nora's drug problem might not be what you're thinking...




No comments:

Post a Comment