Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Two Page Spread Changes


Hello! I have made some minor changes regarding the layout of my two-page spread. I am still sticking with the fabulous topic of eating like a world-traveler, but I have decided to revise my previous choices into more logical ones. I am not going to make my title fill up the whole page, as I suggested I was going to, because it is a waste of space and it doesn't allow me to fully develop my article in just one page. However, I am still going to make my title rather large, it will still leave me enough room to expand on my topic. 

I also have changed the idea of categorizing my article by restaurants in different continents, instead I will go by country and the style of food. It makes more sense this way because I the style of food is more prominent than the continent it is from. For instance, I was not going to include the United States under North America, nor was I planning on using Canada or Mexico, because to me those aren't "World-Traveler" enough. While on the other side of this, we have Europe that has a handful of countries with excellent pallets, as well as Asia. This categorizing system by continent was just not uniform or symmetrical. Now I will group the restaurants by country and have two restaurants under each category. Below is my drafted list of my proposed restaurants and countries: 

  • ItalianIl Gabbiano and Macaluso's
  • French: db Bistro Moderne  and Cafe Bastille
  • GreekMandolin Aegean Bistro and Pega Grill
  • ColumbianLa Moon Restaurant and Monserrate Restaurant Miami
  • BrazilianFogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse and Boteco
  • PeruvianCVI.CHE 105 and Limon & Sabor 
  • ArgentinianLa Patagonia Argentina Restaurant and Fiorito
  • Japanese: Sushi Siam and Zuma
  • VietnameseMiss Saigon and Miss Saigon Bistro
  • IndianBombay Darbar and Thali Indian Cuisine 
  • Cuban: Versailles and Larios on the Beach 
  • CaribbeanClive's Cafe and Tap Tap Restaurant

After searching through the hundreds of international restaurants in Miami, I carefully selected two from the highest ranked style of foods people tend to eat the most. I tried choosing one restaurant that was more on the fancy side and one that was either a Café or a Mom and Pop restaurant. I wanted to go with both to give my readers an option and a happy medium depending on where they want to go and how much they want to spend. I am super excited to go more in depth on these restaurants and finish my two page spread!


Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment