Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Editing in Progress

With all of our footage captured, we are prepared to create our trailers. In one of my previous posts I discussed how difficult it was to find sound to put into our trailers, however, with the determined search I was on, I found something I liked and that will fit the description we have been looking for. 

Asher and I will be utilizing iMovie to put our trailers together because we prefer to use Apple products since we are more comfortable with them, and we like the software's features.

We will be preparing each trailer differently. The first trailer is going to be longer with more emotion attached to it and have a mix of conventional dramatic shots and nonconventional shots. We also used more than one soundtrack in this trailer. In the first portion we used music Asher found and it is a little more upbeat and sort of techno, while the rest of the music is what I found and it is a sad piano piece that is soft in the beginning, but picks up in the middle for more intensity. 

The second trailer we are editing together is shorter for social media and it is much more intense with fast paced editing and bursts of short shots. We are using this to grasp the audiences attention since they usually have a shorter attention span and since we don't have that much time to show it on a social media platform. We will also be utilizing the sad piano soundtrack that I found because we felt it was more suitable for our audience. 

Again, much of our inspiration came from the Nocturnal Animals trailers. Asher also recommended we watch a short Snapchat version of the Ghost in a Shell preview because it embodied the characteristics we were looking to recreate. 


As we are very hard at work, I will gladly show you the trailers when the whole project is finished! I can't wait for you all to see it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment