Saturday, April 1, 2017

Filming: Take Two

After such an amazing day (and night) we had filming, we were all so pumped to continue the footage. We were especially excited because we got to go on a little adventure and film at Markham Park! 

This park is beautiful and it has so many unique settings to film in. I am very familiar with the park, as well as Megan, but this was Asher's first time going so I was very happy I got to experience that with him. Asher and I arrived a bit earlier than Megan, so we took the liberty of location scouting specific areas by driving around the entire park. We narrowed our choices down to four different parts of the park that were very aesthetically pleasing and great to film at. Here is a little sneak peak of some of the shots we took at the park: 

Woods

Nora sitting in the woods


Nora walking trail


Megan behind the scenes on wobbly dock

We shot in the woods, that may or may not have had a "No Trespassing" sign before the trail. I did not know about this spot until Megan suggested we utilize it and she took us there, and me and Asher fell in love. Don't worry though, nothing happened; we captured amazing footage and left. 

We also went to various areas with bodies of water. One of them was a nice manmade lake that had sand, and with a tight enough shot, one might think it was at the beach. We also filmed at this area with an extremely wobbly dock, that I refused to go on because it was over a very dirty canal that had actual alligators in it. I advised that we just go to another location because I didn't think it was safe to walk on it, considering there was mesh construction wrap around some of the wood poles. I thought it was sketchy and didn't want to do it but Asher persisted and him and Megan went on it. I stayed back and took some long shots and some stills of Megan on the dock to possibly utilize for our film poster. But after seeing that nothing was happening to them while they were on it, I decided to walk the dock and capture some footage, then quickly ran off. 

So an adventure you could say this day was, but it was so worth it because we captured beautiful shots. I am so proud of the work Asher and I have done so far and so grateful of Megan for doing this for us. 

Next we film in school for the scenes on a high school campus.

Until next time! 





No comments:

Post a Comment