Saturday, March 12, 2016

Colors Galore!

Alright, so I slept on the thought and now I know exactly how I want to portray and incorporate colors into my magazine. I love color, despite the fact that I wear black most days, but I enjoy all hues and shades and I feel that it is a very important part of life. Let me clarify my last post by saying that I do not want to use bright red on my cover page regarding the font color, but don't get me wrong, I love red and understand how important it is for the appetite. Trust me, a bright tomato or red bell pepper on my plate is definitely possible because that is regarding the food, not the text. After researching more on colors, my theory for deep colors, specifically red, served to be true. Deep red signifies positivity, richness, elegance, tasty, and sumptuousness. 

These color schemes catch my eye for my overall cover page including my masthead, main cover line, and other cover lines: 

                                                                    

The masthead (title still a work in progress) will be either a soft, cursive font or a modern, contemporary font. Depending on how they will work in conjunction with everything else, I will decide later on making it bold or thin. As I stated before I want minimal cover lines, but for the ones I do have, I am imagining two or three variations of font and styles. Colors will all depend on the background of my cover image, whether I go with dark brown or white, because they will be interchangeable with each other. For instance, if the background is dark brown then the masthead will be a shade of white, and vice versa. 

Now for the rest of my magazine, including my table of contents and my two-page spread, I am still working on ideas and how to make it unique from every other magazine, still fitting in with my theme. Since I am very specific with knowing exactly how I want my cover page branded and portrayed, my other components have to follow within the guidelines. I am eager to find out what ideas will come to my very picky mind and I can't wait to see what I will do with them. I like to take risks, but with my magazine I will tread lightly, only because I want to maintain my decisions and keep the overall conventions of a magazine. 

Come back soon!


Citations:
Pick the Right Color for Design or Decorating with This Color Psychology Chart. (n.d.). Retrieved March 12, 2016, from http://lifehacker.com/5991303/pick-the-right-color-for-design-or-decorating-with-this-color-psychology-chart
Color Psychology: The Psychological Effects of Colors. (2011). Retrieved March 12, 2016, from http://www.arttherapyblog.com/online/color-psychology-psychologica-effects-of-colors/#.VuROsIwrJdh

No comments:

Post a Comment