Friday, March 25, 2016

Table Of Contents Inspiration!

YAYYY! Today I took a really great photo for the background of my table of contents pages and I'm so excited to show you all my results, but you'll have to wait because I'm not quite finished yet!

In my previous posts I discussed how I would like to rearrange ingredients or food components on a white background and take it from a high angle; however, I had a vision in my head that I could not seem to sketch out on paper or find inspiration on the internet. The four  photos I posted before to show as an example for the table of contents had several components that could work, but none of them had what I was looking for. I still want to maintain the level of cleanliness and classiness, so scattered ingredients all over the page seemed messy to me and I didn't want it to look cluttered. As I was searching, I grew a larger dislike for the same appearances over and over again, but I am so glad I kept on looking. Through all the history of my searches, clicking link after link, I finally found what I have been looking for. I found the inspiration I needed. Clean, simple, elegant, yet exploiting all of the other components I want: the white background, the aerial view of ingredients, the colors. Its just perfect:

Adobe InDesign Tutorial Photo


I searched this image separately in Google and I found out that this image was created for a tutorial of how to design creative table of contents pages for fictional cooking magazine by Adobe InDesign. I would have never guessed this photo wasn't for a professional cooking magazine. Down below in the comments of this webpage was a viewer sharing how she created her very own table of contents for a local magazine with the help of this Abode InDesign photo. After seeing hers, it put me over the edge and I knew I had to create my image similar to these, putting my own twist on it. 

Random Lady's creation Table Of Contents
I was so happy to find these images because now I can finally create a huge part of my magazine. I was actually considering buying Adobe InDesign just so I can create this image, but I realized I didn't need it. With the help of the two amazing sites, Pixlr Editor and Joomag, I am going to continue on making my very own table of contents. 

This morning was much better weather for my photo, so hurray for that, and I started editing my photo on its way to perfection. I'm beyond excited to finish and show you all my final product!

Enjoy looking at these before photos, but stay tuned to see more of the finished product tomorrow!


Photo I took this morning 
     

Pixrl Editor


Citations: 
How to Design a Cool Contents Page in Adobe InDesign - Envato Tuts Design & Illustration Tutorial. (n.d.). Retrieved March 25, 2016, from http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-design-a-cool-contents-page-in-adobe-indesign--cms-24373

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Taylor, I would like to start saying I love your blog. It looks beautiful, it's well written, and your content is amazing. I'm also doing a magazine, so I can partially relate to your work, even though are genres are completely different. I can feel that you were very focused since the beginning of the project, you have a clear goal and you know how to get there -and I think that's awesome! I especially like your first post, but I got to say that through all of them, anyone reading can really see all your passion and determination.
    I think you're idea for the table of contents is awesome, but the little containers on the edited image look a little funky -they don't look 3D. I don't know if that's the image, and if it looks better on the actual editor, but I think you could try playing with the shadows a little bit. You're cover page's sketch also looks great, your reasons are specific and very valid; I think it carries on the "feel" of elegance you're trying to have for your magazine. I'm not sure of how the background being dark wood would look like, but I'll keep an eye on your blog to check it out.
    I also have to say that I adore the quote you put on your first post, and it actually inspired me -thank you! Just keep on doing what you're doing and you're great to go, really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Larissa! I think you are so nice and I really enjoyed reading what you think of my blog and my magazine so far! I am really glad you noticed my table of contents picture needs a little more editing because I am always looking to improve! I noticed that it was a little funky looking on the editing site that I used, but once I downloaded it onto Joomag and added text to it, it looked a lot better! I hope you check back to see my finished product, I'm so excited to know what you think! I'm really happy the quote inspired you just as it inspired me, I'm glad I posted it for you to see. Thank you for all your positivity, you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete