Thursday, March 24, 2016

Practice Makes Perfect...

So lately I have been focusing on the pictures for Decadence. It turns out, it is a lot harder than it looks to get a savory dish to look savory in a photo. I went through some ups and downs trying to get some great photos, and after getting frustrated, I realized that I just need to practice and take numerous photos at a time during the day. Today I took a few photos of what my mom made for breakfast and I was very pleased with how they came out. I'm not sure how I'm going to incorporate these photos into my magazine but I'm taking them just in case I want to use them. However, I have learned more about picture-taking through this experience than through any research I have done. I learned that many props, the time of day, the quality of the camera and the food all go hand in hand in creating a great photo. 

Today, I made the mistake of trying to take my table of contents photos after it rained. I know how important it is to take a photo in natural lighting because, trust me, it makes a huge difference. But who knew the weather could impact my project so much! I read somewhere that overcast days are the best days to take pictures. Yeah right, it's the worst! The overcast weather made my photos come out dull and lifeless, with unnecessary shadows. I was very annoyed at how it came out because it took me a while to set up all my ingredients and white foam boards, but it's alright, now I know that I have to take my photos when it is sunny outside. 

Tomorrow I am going to practice and take my photos once again during the morning. But for now, I am going to practice editing my photos and you can enjoy this photo I took of my breakfast this morning!







No comments:

Post a Comment