Thursday, March 31, 2016

Cover Page!

I'm so excited to say that I have finally made my cover page!!! I feel as if I captured exactly what I was aiming for; the richness, the decadence, the dark wood, the high key lighting on the food, minimal cover lines... I am extremely happy with the outcome and proud of the results. I showed my AICE Media Studies teacher, Ms. Stoklosa, and she seemed to be very pleased with the results, as well, which made me 100 times happier. Not only did she see, but she showed some of my classmates because she wanted them to see how amazing it turned out, and to my surprise they were all really impressed with my work and they were so supportive! Showing them my cover page was the confidence I needed for the continuation of my project! I can't wait for you all to see my finished products, which I will post when I completely finish everything!

As I met with my teacher I discussed with her possible ideas for my two page spread. This was the only aspect of my project I was stumped on because I wasn't sure what the best route for me to take would be. I was going in between making an article about recipes or restaurants that have a similar style as my magazine. When I proposed my ideas and my cover lines to Ms. Stoklosa, we mutually agreed that it would be interesting if I did the article "How to Eat Like a World Traveler- At Home." After pondering on the idea, I tweaked the story a little bit and thought about "How to Eat Like a World Traveler- Locally" (which would mean either in Miami or Fort Lauderdale). I thought it would be really neat if I traveled to international styled restaurants or with different nationalities and researched their menus or interviewed some of the employees. I still have not made a finally decision as to which one I will continue my story one, but either one I choose I know will turn out to be amazing and I'm excited!

Check back soon to see which two page spread I choose! 

2 comments:

  1. Out of all the other blogs I've read, yours is my favorite! I really love how you so clearly convey your voice in your writing. It makes your posts so enjoyable to read and I really feel like I'm just listening to a friend speak about their project. For example, when I read this post, I could feel myself become excited for you and your amazing progress. I also love the vocabulary you used when describing what you had imagined for your cover, but it really left me feeling a bit disappointed since there was no photo of your cover to go along with it. I know that it is not complete yet, as mentioned in your post, but I do wish you had included a picture of what you showed to Mrs. Stoklosa. Besides that, I really do love your blog and I admire how likable you seem just through what I've read in your posts. Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adri! Thank you so much for your kind words, I really appreciate it! As for the cover page, I am sorry I didn't post it, it was a last minute decision. I was originally going to so I can show everyone, but then I realized I wanted to use it as an element of surprise! I will post it soon, so don't be disappointed for too long, but I will post it along with the rest of my pages, so you'll just have to come back and keep checking! I'm really glad you're enjoying my blog! :)

      Delete